RV 2021

Hello all! It is April 2021, several years since the RV remodel on a budget. I thought I would do an update for anyone who may be wondering how it has held up. The short answer is fabulous!
Our trailer is kept on our property in very cold Canada. We can't even get to it in the winter. We also shut off all services when we are not there in the summer, so it experiences extreme cold and extreme hot.
The walls... Perfect, not even a touch up needed, and I have to scrub them regularly. We have dogs and grown kids, plus we are out working in the dirt everyday. 
The cabinets... Also perfect, aside from the initial finish fail on the underside of the cabinets when I pulled the tape off from painting the walls
Things that did not hold up well are things I may have mentioned on the original blog but had not blogged about. 
I painted the leather couch. Fail. It was awful, the couch literally disintegrated after that. 
It was a beautiful new to me pull out that had yellowed. I painted it the same colour as the cabinets. 
It now has a slip cover that I purchased on Amazon. 
The other thing that we did that was a fail was a Peel and stick wallpaper backsplash. The fail could be chalked up to the extreme temperatures. I will glue it this summer and see if it holds. It is still pretty sticky, but every time we go home it falls down in a few spots. 
We didn't ever do the flooring, I honestly don't think we will. The carpet bothers me, but not enough to sink a ton of money into it at this point. We were not supposed to be using it this long, we should have started our build by now... But life gets in the way. Covid got in the way.
We ended up with our grown daughter back at home last year, which was lovely. Her and I enjoyed time at the trailer. 
All in all this was a wonderful experience. It was a lot of work, and it is still not magazine ready. We love it. I would not have been able to relax in it the way it was. The honey coloured wood everywhere made me crazy. 
We have a 65" tv to bring, it may be size overkill for such a small space, but the one we have there now in so small! The 65" was from our family room at home. We love watching a movie at night after the fire to relax before we go to sleep. 
John works very hard all day on the outside bits in the excavator, grading and digging trenches... Moving logs.
For a few dollars more there is so much we could still do, but I think we are happy with the way it is. The outside is the focus now, getting the lot building ready. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall

RV Bedroom